Last Updated on the 8th April 07
 
 
 

 

 
A new Spindle Clamp
 
This new clamp was to be one of the first uselful Aluminium parts I would make with my CNC. I had experimented with cutting Aluminium before, but had never managed to get a finish I was happy with. This time I took it more slowly with the depths and feedrates to try and get something nicer looking.
 
I had a variable speed die grinder that I wanted to use as the new cutting spindle, so I first measured the nose of the die grinder where I wanted to clamp it. Then drew up, in CAD, a suitable fixture to fit that. It was just a 2D profile that would be given a depth at the CAM stage. If I can dig out the files I used, I'll make them available for download.

 

 

 

 

 
 
previousBack